Thursday 18 August 2011

Rainy days

I don't know what to do on these rainy days.  I feel sorry for Mickey being stuck inside.  We have the smallest house (3 weeks until we're moving) he has the smallest play area..he has HEAPS of toys but just having tummy time and changing the toys around occasionally can't be that stimulating.

What to do.  What to do.  What to do.

  • We've not had any playdates because noone wants to leave the house.
  • We can't go out walking in the stroller in this weather
  • Gymbaroo will start back up again next Wednesday so that's something fun  :-)
  • I've not taken Mickey to the creche at the gym it's a bit spency and he doesn't like it and it's very hard to work around his schedule plus he's going through a clingy phase, at least at gymbaroo I can stay and play with him.  Mummys boy.  Secretly I love this
  • We read books.
  • We listen to music and sing and dance and play with rattles etc
  • Lots of tummy time with his toys
  • We go for car rides.  I know that doesn't sound that good for him but he does like being in the car and it's good for me
  • We play little games like peek-a-boo and just general playing bouncing up and down and whatever gets smiles and giggles. 
  • Cuddles and kisses!
When his Dad comes home  he is SO EXCITED AND HAPPY! Because he loves his Dad of course and also because I think he's a bit sick of me.

I don't want to be one of those Mums that sits their child infront of the TV I want to play games that are fun and encourage learning.  When he's older we can be crafty.  But, at 7 months, what to do what to do what to do.  Hrm.

No comments:

Post a Comment